The printer market keeps evolving, partly due to the growth of mobile devices, and the rise in mobile wireless and remote printing. How some market segments increase their printing activity has been offset by declines among other segments. At the same time, access to more images has increased, due to handier and better cameras in phones. Furthermore, social networking and communication activities increasing support rich photos. Meanwhile, consumers and employees alike exhibit different behaviors from one printer brand to another.
The Printer chapter of TUP/Technology User Profile 2019 includes multiple sections to provide a complete profile of Connected Adults. The sections include details about the respondent’s printers used most-often and second-most-often, as well as by home printer brands.
This chapter includes relevant answers selected from the many questions in the comprehensive TUP survey. The data-rich deliverable is designed for quick recognition of important findings, including statistical testing and indexes comparing values to their national averages. This report results cover many key topics: user and household demographics, device combinations, details about the usage profile, printer details, printing behavior (types of documents printed occasionally and most-often), and personal vs. work-related printing for a true view of their onelife).
The MetaFacts TUP syndicated survey, conducted continuously since 1983, is based on the full range of technology users – those who connect to the Internet through PCs, Mobile Phones, Tablets, or Game Consoles. It spans consumers, employees, the self-employed, students, and even users of public/shared devices.
This document includes more than 250 pages in PDF and Excel, featuring cross-tabulations which may be used for market sizing, user profiling, benchmarking, and to support many decisions. Please also refer to the many other chapters and sections of TUP..
The Printers chapter of TUP/Technology User Profile 2019 has four main sections:
- Printer #1
- Printer #2
- Printer #3
- Home Printer Brands: HP, Canon, Epson, Brother
For each of up-to-three printers, the market is split further into Color Inkjet MFP/AIO, Color Inkjet Single-Function, Mono Laser Single-Function, Color Laser MFP/AIO, Ownership, and Technology.
The TUP/Technology User Profile 2019 Printers Chapter answers many key questions about printers, how printers are being used, and who is using them.
Examples of some of the questions addressed in the TUP/Technology User Profile 2019 Printers Chapter:
- How many are using their home printer to print images directly from their Smartphones or Tablets?
- What are the main printer activities?
- Among Home printer users, what is the preferred device for graphics/image activities?
- Are most Home printers purchased from the same types of outlets as ink/toner is?
- Are most workplace printers in small or large businesses?
- What are the most common documents (maps, spreadsheets, photos, etc.) that consumers print on their inkjet printers? How about their laser printers?
- Are most Home printers purchased from the same types of outlets as Home PCs are?
- Are many users using remote printing services? Are these using their Internet-ready printers or online printing services? Which segments are using remote printing as a substitute for home printing, and which as an additional way to print?
- How many people use remote printing services?
- What is the frequency of printer consumables purchases?
- How much does the HP printer footprint overlap Canon, Epson, and Brother?
- How many printers do people actively use?
- To what extent is refilled ink being used for Home printers?
- Whose Home Printer customers are most likely to use refilled ink/toner?
- Whose Home Printer customers have the newest Printers?
- Whose Home Printer customers have the most printers?
- Which printers are newest – Home, Workplace, or Public/shared?
- Whose Home Printer customers use their devices for the broadest range of Graphics/Image activities?
- Do color laser printer users use their devices for graphics or images more than average users?
- Whose Home Printer customers are most likely to use WiFi to connect their printer?
- Where are printer users buying their printer supplies? Are these the same channels as where they buy their printers?
- How do Home Printer users differ from those primarily using Work or Shared printers?
- How does the market share vary between Home and Work printers?
- How does the market share vary between Home and Work printers by printer type?
- Do users print more pages on Home, Workplace, or Shared/Public printers?
- Where are monochrome printers used the most, and by what margin?
- Whose Home Printer customers are more likely to use Monochrome than Color?
Other Chapters in the TUP/Technology User Profile 2019 Full Edition include:
- User Profile
- Mobile Phones
- Wearable Technology
- Games Consoles & Devices
- Social Networks
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.