A sociodemographic profile can help to understand technology users. TUP goes even further in this lens to detail their work-from-home status and to quantify their collection of actively-used connected devices.
This lens provides a top-level overview of technology users by their respondent demographics, household demographics, and work-from-home status.
Summary of subjects covered in the User Profile lens
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Respondent Demographics||Gender, Age, Age generations, Educational attainment, Employment status|
|Household Demographics||Household size, Household income|
|Usage Profile||Total hours using devices, User segment, ISP|
|Work from Home||Working from home only – before or after February 2020|
|Units||Number of devices used in last 90 days, by form factor (PCs, Desktop PCs, Smartphones, etc.)|
Recent findings from the TUP User Profile lens
- Trends in technology ecosystems
- Employer profile of those working from home [TUPdate]
- Demographics of those working from home [TUPdate]
- Americans have big plans for tech purchases [MetaFAQs]
- Geriatric millennials lead in using connected devices [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.