Users are increasingly discovering how they can extend their experiences well beyond a keyboard and display.
This lens reports on the penetration of wearables that track and report to users and hearables that enable voice assistants and music listening. It also spans a wide range of voice-oriented and listening-centric activities across the collection of connected devices they use – PCs, tablets, mobile phones, and game consoles.
Summary of subjects covered in the Wearables, Hearables, Listening, and Speaking lens
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Consumer Electronics||Smart watches, Bluetooth headsets, VR headsets, smart speakers, smart displays and other consumer electronics|
|Communication Activities||Communication activities regularly used on connected devices, such as email, phone calls, video calls, or group chats|
|Entertainment Activities||Entertainment activities regularly used on connected devices, such as games, music, books, or TV|
Recent findings from the TUP 2020 Wearables, Hearables, Listening, and Speaking lens
- US adult voice assistant/speaker users by brand platform and number of Apple devices [MetaFAQs]
- US adults with voice-enabled speakers by number of Apple devices [MetaFAQs]
- Voice-enabled wireless speakers by age group [MetaFAQs]
- American Apple HomePod Users [MetaFAQs]
- Broadened smart speaker usage in the US [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.