This lens details the penetration of the key individual products and services offered by each company, delving into their overall footprint and how well they do or don’t overlap in market acceptance.
Users value ecosystems by how well they integrate and express that value in the parts they actively use. The largest technology companies, from Apple to Google, and Microsoft to Amazon, seek to build and cultivate a coordinated experience that will attract and retain customers. This TUP lens measures their progress and profiles which segments and their depth of displayed commitment to the ecosystem.
Summary of subjects covered in the Technology Ecosystems lens
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Key Device Metrics||Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others|
|Devices||Number of Devices by Operating System|
|Device #1-#4||Device brand, sub-brand, acquisition date, and other details|
Recent findings from the TUP 2020 Technology Ecosystems lens
- Active use of social networks Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp by country [MetaFAQs]
- How many social networks do Americans actively use? [MetaFAQs]
- Active use of Instagram by age group and country [MetaFAQs]
- Active use of Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp by age group and country [MetaFAQs]
- Active use of Facebook by age group and country [MetaFAQs]
- Wireless Bluetooth headsets by smartphone operating system [MetaFAQs]
- Smart displays barely visible [MetaFAQs]
- Contact management is a widespread activity for all ages [MetaFAQs]
- Smartphone activities by watch OS [TUPdate]
- iPhone users download more paid apps than Android smartphone users [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.