This lens details the penetration of the key individual products and services offered by each company, delving into their overall footprint and how well they do or don’t overlap in market acceptance.
Users value ecosystems by how well they integrate and express that value in the parts they actively use. The largest technology companies, from Apple to Google, and Microsoft to Amazon, seek to build and cultivate a coordinated experience that will attract and retain customers. This TUP lens measures their progress and profiles which segments and their depth of displayed commitment to the ecosystem.
Summary of subjects covered in the Technology Ecosystems lens
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Key Device Metrics||Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others|
|Devices||Number of Devices by Operating System|
|Device #1-#4||Device brand, sub-brand, acquisition date, and other details|
Recent findings from the TUP 2020 Technology Ecosystems lens
- TUP 2023 nearing release! (TUP’s 41st year)
- Microsoft CoPilot – generative AI as an enterprise Office 365 service for creatives
- TUP 2022 released! (TUP’s 40th year)
- Trends in technology ecosystems
- Purchase plans for smartphones and tablets by OS, country, and age
- Key ecosystems penetration [MetaFAQs]
- It’s a multi-ecosystem world [TUPdate]
- Samsung laptop progress [TUPdate]
- Samsung and Apple users by age group and country [MetaFAQs]
- Samsung and Apple’s device type penetration within core [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.