Fun is core to many technology adult users’ experiences. Games are central to some, while others only casually play, and yet others never play games.
This TUP lens profiles which users play immersive games compared to other games and whether they are being played on a smartphone, PC, tablet, or game console. TUP also details PCs designed for gaming, both gaming desktops, and gaming notebooks.
Summary of subjects covered in the Game Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Game Playing lens
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Game Consoles||Brand and sub-brand of game consoles in active use|
|Entertainment Activities||Entertainment activities regularly used on connected devices, such as games, music, books, or TV|
|Game Console Activities||Activities regularly done on using a game console, such as playing games, or communicating|
Recent findings from the TUP Game Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Game Playing lens:
- TUP 2023 nearing release! (TUP’s 41st year)
- Brief profile of Americans regularly playing games using connected devices
- TUP 2022 released! (TUP’s 40th year)
- How many gamers? [MetaFAQs]
- PC gaming by household size [MetaFAQs]
- Game console brands by age group [MetaFAQs]
- Mobile phone game playing by household size [MetaFAQs]
- Game console brands by country [MetaFAQs]
- Tablet game playing by household size [MetaFAQs]
- Game-playing trends – convenience gamers, dedicated gamers, and device-gamers [TUPdate]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.